HOW TO GET MORE FROM LIFE EACH DAY
* Focus on one day at a time.
* Live moment.
* Forget yesterday and look forward to tomorrow. If you are guilty about what happened yesterday, or are anxious about what might happen tomorrow, your energy will be dissipated.
* Plan your work, then work your plan.
* What good and bad habits have you developed? Reinforce good daily patterns and break bad.
* Be an "early bird".
Habits start as consciously made decisions, eg.. what time to get up. Once established, good habits become second nature.
Success is result of habit. It depends not so much on doing unusual, but on doing commonplace unusually well.
DON'T PROCRASTINATE - DO IT NOW
Don't confuse being busy with working efficiently - activities can be tension-relieving, not goal achieving. By concentrating on fewer, priorities regularly on a fixed schedule, you can achieve a lot more in less time.
IS TIME THE PROBLEM OR ARE YOU?
Draw up a daily "to do" list. Rank priority tasks (the important few), as well as trivial many. This allows you to focus on fewer things and achieve more. Sort into A, B & C's
A's are important and urgent. Must do today.
B's are important and not urgent. Want to do today.
C's are not important. Today, if possible or delegate.
TIME MANAGEMENT TIPS:
1. LIST YOUR GOALS AND SET PRIORITIES:
* Life Goals * Work Goals * Identify Short Term A's. 2. MAKE A DAILY "TO DO" LIST
* Set A B C's * Don't schedule every minute of day.
3. Start with A's - NOT WITH C's
A's are 80% of everything. Make inroads into A's every chance you get. Use 'Swiss Cheese' approach, ie. Identify small tasks that will poke a hole in a big one. Do these in your odd moments. Do anything that moves A along.
4. ASK YOURSELF: WHAT IS THE BEST USE OF MY TIME RIGHT NOW?
Why waste time on C's if you've an A to do? Fight habits and just filling in time.
5. HANDLE EACH PIECE OF PAPER ONLY ONCE
Have a C drawer
6. DO IT NOW!
Decide you can do it right away. Itemise (write it down) Categorise Prioritise Crystallise