Parents, do you have children who do poorly in school, or are bored or frustrated with their classes or teachers? In contrast to what most public-school officials will tell you, in most cases problem lies with schools, not with your children.
It turns out that millions of children, including yours, have good reasons to hate public school, reasons that you as a parent should not ignore.
Here are eleven danger signals from your children that parents should watch out for:
1. Is your child’s writing and spelling atrocious, yet teacher gives your child high grades or compliments for “creative” spelling?
2. Is your child constantly bored or frustrated with school?
3. Does your child have difficulty doing simple arithmetic problems that he should be able to handle at that grade level?
4. Has your child stopped reading for pleasure at home?
5. Do your children hate doing homework because they say it bores them?
6. Does your child's teacher or principal tell you that your bright, energetic child has some strange four-lettered disease called ADHD, and they "suggest" you give your child mind-altering drugs to "fix" his or her "learning disorder?"