How to Advertise with Flyers © Terri Seymour of www.seymourproducts.com
When you first start out on your business venture, money is usually tight but you still need to advertise. One of most affordable, yet very effective, ways to begin your advertising campaign is with flyers. Flyers are simply full page ads that are distributed directly to your potential customers. There are several ways in which they can be distributed.
You can either make flyers yourself or have them made professionally, which might not be in budget. ;-) There are several points to remember when designing your flyer, just as in writing ads or any other sales copy.
1. You want your flyer to get people's attention, so don't just use your boring, standard white paper. Use bright, alive and cheerful colors to bring out message you are trying to convey.
2. The flyer's purpose is to sell, not to let everyone know your name. The flyer is not a business card. On flyer, you want to highlight your problem solving product/service.
For example: Ants a problem in your house. We can get rid of them in just a few hours. No more problem!
3. Use incentives and/or closing dates to get people to act NOW!
Call NOW and get 10% Off our Regular Price! 1-800-ANT-B-Gone
4. Adding a few testimonials to flyer can also be very effective. Highlight comments of past satisfied customers. List your qualifications as well, making sure to set yourself apart from other similar companies.
5. Another good idea is to encourage referrals. Having a statement such as, " If you are not in need of our product or service, please pass this along to someone who is." You might be pleasantly surprised at how many customers this one line can bring in!