Continued from page 1
To play straight or progressive slots, player deposits a coin or set of coins into slot machine and selects number of coins to bet per spin. The player may then either press 'Spin' button or pull arm of slot machine to spin reels. Once reels stop spinning, player will either win or lose that spin. Whether player wins or loses, he may 'Cash Out' his share of money from machine or continue to play.
Today, slot machines are amongst most popular games found in casinos, accounting for over 30% of casino profit. This is due to a number of reasons.
(1) Slot machines are very easy to play and require no real test of skill or knowledge. A player simply deposits coins into machine and presses a button. Once reels stop spinning, machine will alert player if winning combination is struck or not.
(2) There is no pressure to play against or interact with other players as one may do in games such as Roulette, Blackjack, Baccarat and Poker.
(3) There is no risk of someone trying to cheat during game or of dealer making an honest mistake during a bet.
(4) There is no time frame for one to make next move. A slot machine may be played at one’s own pace without player feeling need to hurry because someone else is waiting for his/her turn.
(5) The game is played with real money and not casino chips. This makes game much more exciting in sense that player has opportunity to gamble with real currency.
(6) The payout is instant and can sometimes run into thousands of dollars, especially if one is playing progressive slots.
For these set of reasons, slot machine is currently one of most popular games found in a casino.
Copyright © 2005 http://www.casinoguide.ws - Free Casino Cash Guide, All Rights Reserved. This document may be freely redistributed in its unedited form and on the condition that all copyright references are kept intact along with the hyperlinked URLs.