Continued from page 1
5.] A thorough check of all links was done checking for "title" tags. Links not working were replaced or repaired. Images were checked for appropriate "alt" description tags and made sure all were described in a manner that best suited them using keywords where possible.
6.] Knowing site was relatively new, articles were submitted to other directories with links back to site. We also blogged site and pinged post and trackback URL and left links where possible to lead back to site.
7.] Once everything had received one last thorough check, we took a break and then waited for Googlebot to call. We started to watch server logs for our visitor.
8.] It only took a few days before first index. We began to check search terms that had been targeted and a few days later began to see site in search results. Checked with Yahoo! and there was no mention. Back to work we went. Polished and reworked keywords that were targeted and tweaked description. Made another trip around various article directories and submitted another article with links back to site and again blogged site and pinged post and trackback URL's from it. We were re-indexed within a few days. This time as we check for search terms we began to see more of siteís content and URL's appearing in search results. Only this time it was not just one or two, but several different articles that had been placed as content in categories and topics of sites.
9.] Googlebot has been fairly regular for past two weeks with re-index approximately every three days. After each visit keyword and search terms are checked in search results to see where we stand in listing. Also checked are server logs for specific keywords searched and evaluation of traffic. We then go back to site, tweak it, and get ready for another visit.
10.] This is only beginning. This little exercise will continue even after reaching goal. A routine has been established that includes periodically checking server logs for always, welcomed visitor. Making adjustments where they are needed and preparing thewebbpage.com for another index.
The site is not listed No.1 with all of keywords or search terms but thewebbpage.com is appearing on first page for many. It is rewarding to know that without a single search engine submission, a brand new website can be indexed within a few weeks of launch, raise it's head above crowd and be noticed. A site that now has potential to make it.
Supplementing spiders was, is, and will be well worth effort. It has been an interesting exercise requiring, in grand scheme, very little research and time. The best news is same search terms that are showing up with Google search results are now appearing in Yahoo! results. Now that is what I call 'Supplementing Spiders'. The spider even picked up tab for Yahoo!ís inclusion.
Judy Webb is editor and Webmaster of www.thewebbpage.com. She is the author of several articles relating to Internet marketing and promotion. She can be contacted at here. This article can be reprinted or published as long as this resource box remains attached.