Continued from page 1
8) How soon after meeting do you issue minutes? -- a) If you think I want to publicize how much time we wasted, you’re nuts, b) Within a few months or so, c) As soon as possible, if not faster
9) While someone is speaking, do you: -- a) Wonder about strength of plastic foams, b) Plan a way to change subject, c) Listen empathetically
10) What structured activities do you use in your meetings? -- a) We sit on chairs, b) Everyone leaves at same time, c) Process tools designed to gather information, make decisions, and manage participation.
Score: subtract five points for every (a), mark a zero for every (b), and add five points for every (c).
If your total is:
* Negative: Go to your boss and ask to be fired
* Zero to 20: Stay home
* 25 to 35: Attend a workshop
* 40 to 50: Congratulations
IAF Certified Professional Facilitator and author Steve Kaye works with leaders who want to hold effective meeting. His innovative workshops have informed and inspired people nationwide. His facilitation produces results that people will support. Call 714-528-1300 or visit his web site for over 100 pages of valuable ideas. Sign up for his free newsletter at http://www.stevekaye.com