Here’s an easy quiz to check health of your meetings.
1) Who leads your meetings? -- a) No one, b) Whoever has loudest voice, c) A facilitator
2) What happens to ideas in your meetings? -- a) If we had to think of ideas, it would be work, b) We make fun of them, c) A scribe writes them on a chart pad
3) Are results obtained in your meetings? -- a) We eat all donuts, b) And we drink all of coffee, c) Yes!
4) Do your meetings have an agenda? -- a) Is that some kind of cabinet?, b) I saw one once in an article, c) Yes!
5) Who attends your meetings? -- a) We have bleachers to hold spectators, b) The entire staff plus any homeless people in neighborhood, c) Only those who can contribute
6) How long are your meetings? -- a) I’ll let you know when this one ends, b) All day, c) An hour or less
7) During a meeting do you: -- a) Break a foam cup into bits, b) Prepare for next meeting, c) Focus on topic