Continued from page 1
4. Start writing - don't worry about how writing looks, whether it is legible or not, whether it makes sense, whether you are staying on topic, etc. Just let words, thoughts, feelings flow out of you.
5. Write until your time is up, if you had set a time limit, or until you feel like you are done.
6. Reflect on any conclusions, thoughts, observations, decisions that came out of your writing. Don't worry if nothing but a feeling of completeness comes out of writing.
7. Repeat as necessary. For best results, journal daily, or at least every few days.
The following are situations in which journaling can be extremely advantageous:
1. In morning Write to get clear about your intentions for day, your feelings, your thoughts, and your wants.
2. When you feel frustrated or afraid If you are frustrated with being single or afraid you'll never attract your ideal relationship, write about your feelings. If you are in a relationship, write about your fears and desires.
3. When you want a breakthrough or an internal shift Writing is one of more potent tools to use when you want to put an end to a behavior or a thought pattern.
4. When you feel angry or unheard in any relationship Write when you have feelings that are too strong to express to another person. When you write about your feeling and thoughts first, you will be able to have a much more productive conversation later.
5. When you don't know what or why you feel Writing is a great way to find clarity about your feelings and to make sense of any situation.
6. When you feel "full" Write when you feel full and discontented for no apparent reason. By putting down your thoughts and emotions, you will create space and perspective inside.
Writing in a journal is a powerful tool for both surviving singlehood and it's frustrations as well as having a healthy, thriving relationship. When you begin using a journal as a tool for personal development, you will quickly notice a profound affect on your life. You'll become more focused, more aware, and definitely more clear -- all of which makes you incredibly attractive to others.
Your Relationship Coach, Rinatta Paries www.WhatItTakes.com
(c) Rinatta Paries, 1998-2002. Do you know how to attract your ideal mate? Do you know how to build a fulfilling relationship, or how to reinvent yours to meet your needs? Relationship Coach Rinatta Paries can teach you skills and techniques to attract and sustain long-term, healthy partnerships. Visit www.WhatItTakes.com where you'll find quizzes, classes, advice and a free weekly ezine. Become a "true love magnet(tm)!"
Having coined the phrase "relationship coach," Master Certified Coach Rinatta Paries works with singles to help them attract their ideal relationship, and helps couples create more love and fulfillment in their existing relationships. Visit her web site at www.WhatItTakes.com or e-mail her at coach@WhatItTakes.com.