Continued from page 1
* Learn all you can about problem-solving techniques. When you are given a problem to solve, tackle it enthusiastically and systematically.
* Establish a reputation as a good team player by developing good working relationships and cultivating friendships with as wide a range of people in company as possible.
* Participate fully in your company's training programme; and avail of all opportunities to extend your knowledge and develop work-related skills.
* Learn from your own mistakes and mistakes of others.
* Do more than is specified in your contract. Volunteer for assignments that will help raise your profile within company.
* Complete all work on time. Don't make promises unless you are sure you can deliver.
* Develop a reputation for honesty, loyalty and integrity.
* Since your job description will form basis of your performance appraisal, it is important to review it regularly.
Gerard McLoughlin, Director of Assignments Plus Communications, has contributed career-related articles to hundreds of recruitment companies, websites and publications throughout the world, including: USA Today, JobBankUSA.com, US-Recruiters.com, Jobs1.co.uk, Nurse-Recruiter.com, and Recruitireland.com
Visit the author's website at http://www.assignmentsplus.com