Continued from page 1
(1) How many years have you been in your current line of business (or a related field)?
For example, I've been in marketing field for over 20 years.
(2) How many clients or students or customers have your served (in your current business or your total years in this industry)?
For example, I've taught over 600 small business owners how to create and implement their own marketing plans using 10stepmarketing System.
(3) What results have you generated with your business, products or services?
For example, I increased my subscriber base by 590% in four months and I tripled my web site traffic in three months.
(4) What results have your clients or customers gotten with help of your products or services?
For example, when I worked with American Council on Exercise, I helped them generate over 340.8 million media impressions in three years, through public relations and public service ads. I have also secured nearly $1 million in free media exposure for my clients.
(5) How many awards or recognitions have you or your business, products or services received?
For example, I've earned three national and two local marketing awards, plus a small business top achievement award.
(6) Have you spoken, taught or done presentations?
For example, I have spoken on marketing at conferences across United States and in Canada, and I've taught hundreds of small business owners via teleseminar.
(7) Have your articles been published or have you been quoted or interviewed or written up in media?
For example, my marketing advice is featured in Entrepreneur Magazine's Start-Up Series publication "How To Start A Personal Training Business." Additionally I am an Expert Author on EzineArticles.com and my marketing how-to articles are featured on numerous web sites.
(8) How can you quantify your business (e.g. how many business deals or transactions have you made, or how many articles have you written)?
For example, I've written and published 40 articles in past six months.
(9) How many products have you sold?
For example, I made 20 sales my first two weeks in business.
(10) What experts in your industry have you studied or learned from?
For example, I have taken courses from such marketing and business experts as T. Harv Eker, Jay Abraham, Brian Tracy, Robert Allen and Mark Victor Hansen.
I challenge you to spend some time this week, compiling your own list of stats. Start with these 10 questions and see what you can come up with. Draw on your personal or professional experience.
What makes you great at what you do? What experience and knowledge to you have to offer? What are you passionate about and how can you translate that passion into credibility? Why should others pay attention when you talk? Be creative. Brainstorm.
Then select a few of strongest, most compelling stats and start using them in your marketing.
Remember, you are not using these stats to brag about your accomplishments. You're using them to get your prospects to pay attention to you and to establish credibility.
(C) Copyright 2005 Debbie LaChusa
20-year marketing veteran Debbie LaChusa created The 10stepmarketing System to help small business owners and solo-preneurs successfully market their business, themselves without spending a fortune on marketing. To learn more about this simple, step-by-step program and to sign up for her FREE audio class and FREE weekly ezine featuring how-to articles, tips and advice, visit http://www.10stepmarketing.com