Continued from page 1
7) Piano playing is good for your hands. Indeed it is. I probably have stronger hands/fingers than most people I know. And have you ever noticed hands of a pianist? Beautiful, long, tapered fingers. Chances are that if you've ever admired someone's hands, they play piano.
8) Pianists never quit learning. There's absolutely no way to memorize every musical piece on earth. You could learn 10 new songs a day for rest of your life without scratching surface of songs out there.
9) Piano playing is FUN. Really. It's one of funnest things I do. Think about it, why would so many of us do it if it weren't a blast?
10) Deep down, everyone wishes they played piano. Have you ever read other people's New Year's Resolutions lists? If you haven't, then you're just not nosy like me. No, seriously, if you haven't, I'll tell you which wish consistently pops up: "Learn to play piano."
11) Piano playing is SATISFYING. It's truly one of most satisfying things you can do. (Right after touching your nose with your tongue. Or so I hear.) There's no feeling like playing a difficult song and playing it flawlessly. Quite an ego-boost.
12) Everyone loves a musician. 'Nuff said. :)
Visit: The Piano Pages
Please visit my website, The Piano Pages, for more articles, free piano lessons, piano sheet music, tips, products, and lots more. Also, feel free to send me comments, questions, or hate mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org