Continued from page 1
6) Chew bubble gum, wear sun glasses or wear a beard. Although these will not necessarily get your business card discarded, statistical no no’s. Also a good example of how you are first, your business card should serve as a reminder of you. In real estate sector most real estate agents print a picture of themselves on their business card for this reason.
7) Print your business card in an irregularly large format. Your card looks unique and professional but I can’t file it in my business card file system that I keep all my key suppliers in. Oversized business cards are becoming more popular and given right circumstances can be delivered effectively. However from an overall perspective I recommend that mainstream business stick with standard size- 2 X 3 ˝”.
8) Print your critical contact information on back or on inside of a fold over business card. For same reason above. Once I file your business card in my file system all of your contact information should be easily read at a glance…I want to place my order now.
9) Print on thin or flimsy material. This projects a feel of cheapness. Besides if you managed to WOW your prospect and your business card makes it into his /hers wall of fame pouch it will it will likely not survive test of time.
10) This is final and most important for rookie to intermediate graphic designer. Have you ever heard of looktocloseitis? Many graphic designers that develop onscreen work at a highly magnified viewing level while design and editing. Sure everything looks great at 500% magnified view but when card is printed it is printed 100%. A good practice, before sending your business card file for professional printing is to print your own hardcopy and give it a glace from a 3 foot distance. Make sure your message is being communicated when you do this. If it is not working, back to editing and repeat process.
Take your time and it will be worth your extra efforts. This will be reflected in finished product.
We have printed thousands upon thousands of business card orders worldwide. Show here;
You will find a large collection of some of business cards we have printed for our clients here. http://www.weprintcolor.com/buscard_examples/index.htm . These examples include custom and template style business cards. When you click on each thumbnail page will tell you if it is ‘custom’ or ‘template’. In cases where it is template you can click link and start designing your unique version immediately.
If you would like to view a full business card catalogue of available template designs for business you can visit this page http://www.weprintcolor.ca/ or get tips for creating better business card designs here http://www.weprintcolor.ca/online_design_cat1/index.php
Some clients send files from there computer to ours, others use our online design system. Either way we have developed software and a natural eye for esthetically pleasing graphic design work. The reason I write these articles is to help you make an educated decision with design and print of your business card. If you end up coming to us with your business we always appreciate that. The last thing I want to happen is you making a regretful purchase online. This hurts all online retailers that offer a quality product.
Robert is regarded as an industry expert is print and design. Online since 1999, Robert was one of pioneers that brought graphic design tools to web. For online graphic design solutions visit http://www.weprintcolor.com/
Robert is the marketing director of a leading online printing and design firm http://www.weprintcolor.com . Robert believes in an educated customer and has created a personal blog, online to help achieve this goal. Learn commercial printing and design tips from the pros http://www.weprintcolors.com