1. Send out a FREE sample of your product with a special "two for one" offer - this enables your customer to get a first hand experience of your product in action AND "two for one" offer maximises your average transaction value.
2. FREE lessons on make-up, sewing, hair styling, skin care, gardening, building a pergola/deck/retaining wall .. list is endless By seeing how to get best use out of your products they're likely to buy a range of accessories and essential items to help them achieve results they're looking for.
3. Open day ... this is ideal for gardening centres or hardware stores where they can offer workshops and demonstrations on tasks that are specific to needs of their customers … landscape design, installing a sprinkler, home handyman tasks, building etc. This is similar to 'FREE lessons' idea above.
4. Hold joint promotions with other businesses. You can offer their products as FREE gifts when customers purchase at your shop and vice-versa.
5. Free gift with purchase - you could offer a FREE T-shirt valued at $25 with every $50 purchase. The value to customer is $25 but your hard cost is a fraction of that amount so it's perceived to be more beneficial than a discount is (in eyes of your customer) and it's much healthier on your bottom line than offering a $25 discount.
6. Buy one get one FREE. (same benefits as above).
7. FREE mystery gift up to value of $500 with every purchase over $xx.
8. FREE gift for cash payments over $xx ... instead of paying Banks merchant fees you're rewarding your customers instead. It's costing you no more however it's encouraging your customers to buy from you and therefore will increase your sales volume.
9. Buy now, pay in 12 months time ... encourages customers to spend more than they ordinarily would have if they were paying whole amount now.