Green tea has been used as for medical remedies in China since ancient times. It was said to have many health benefits and be a remedy for many ailments. It is also said that Japanese owe their slim figures to green tea.
Today, scientist in Asia and west are providing scientific evidence that green tea is a benefit to our health. An anti-oxidant call EGCG that is in green tea is main cause of this.
Green tea has been shown to do many things including:
- Inhibit growth of new cancer cells and kill existing cancer cells
- Promote weight loss helping body burn up to 10 percent more body fat.
- Increase energy expenditure up to 4 percent.
- Prevent oxidation of LDL cholesterol.
- Reduce risk of colon, breast, and lung cancer.
- Boost immune system.
- Have an anti-inflammatory effect making it a good supplement for those with arthritis.