The following tips will help you build a user friendly website that generates more profit for your business:
1. Build your site to be fast loading. Eliminate use of large slow loading graphics, banners, or anything else that would make your site not load quickly.
Keep in mind that most internet users will not stay on a site that takes more than 15 or 20 seconds to load.
Limit your use of graphics to only those that add to your site's theme or that grab and focus your visitors' attention on your ad copy or promotional material.
2. Don't ask your visitors to download anything in order to properly view or use your site.
3. Keep your site accessible to majority of internet users including visitors with different browsers.
4. Rid your site of dead links. Continue to regularly check your links to make sure they are all still working properly.
5. Keep your site easy on eye. Eliminate use of endlessly scrolling pages, blinking or moving animation, and be careful when choosing which color scheme to use for your site.
6. Keep your design and color scheme consistent throughout your site.
7. Don't open all of your pages in a new window. Use this option only when linking to other people's sites within your site's content to make it easy for your visitors to continue to use your site.