What to Sell on eBay - 7 REAL Tips for Finding Successful ProductsWritten by Matt Blasses
This question has become one for ages. There are many answers to it, few of which will actually help you. Today we will give you 7 tips you must keep in mind when you search for items to sell on eBay.
The problem with asking question "What can I sell on eBay" is that you're likely to get one of a small group of boilerplate answers. These answers get repackaged and dispensed as brand new answers, however they are still same, reworked, difficult advice.
The most common answers you will find are:
The problem with all of these things is they just don't work, they are too complicated, or they are just overdone.
- Look for items at garage sales, flea markets and estate sales.
- Speak to manufacturing corporations and ask them if you can sell their products on ebay for them.
- Buy from wholesalers.
- Buy cheap items from retail stores.
- Negotiate with stores to sell their overstocked items.
How to Settle on a Product
There are 7 necessary tips to keep in mind when searching for a product that will sell well. To find best product it must meet a number of guidelines.
- Keep it small. Larger items bring with them a host of issues, from storage to shipping and everything in between. Unless storage is not a problem for you, keeping more than a few large items around can cramp up your extra rooms, basement and garage. The problem is that you need to be able to keep a large supply of items that you're selling to make any real money. Making $100 on a sofa is great, but it hardly pays bills. If you have any ideas about quitting your job or supplementing your income, you will need to be selling a lot more of these. Heck, 3 or 4 sofas in a room should fill it up. So where are you going to put 10 of them? Keep your items small, and you can use shelves, drawers and closets for storage.
- Can it ship easily? I know we covered size issue in previous paragraph, but it comes up again here. Even if you find perfect product, you must be able to ship it easily and cheaply. You may find a great deal on rocking chairs, but how are you going to get a box around them? Not to mention, shipping costs on large, heavy and bulky items can be in hundreds of dollars. Look for products that can ship for a minimum amount of money. Anything from toothpicks to books fit bill nicely.
- Find a niche! If you try to sell everything to everyone, you will end up selling nothing to anyone. The more specialized you become, better your chances of being able to offer unique items. For example, there are thousands of people on eBay selling DVD's. Prices have been cut down to nothing, and profits along with them. The only way to make money as a DVD seller on eBay is to be one of few sellers who have huge volumes. Starting out that way is very tough indeed. On other hand, if you sell a specific type of DVD, like old horror movies or cartoon sets, you will likely have better profit margins. The large DVD warehouses just can't move enough of them to make it worth their while. Come up with a few niches, and you should do pretty well.
Is it a Real Business or a Hobby?Written by Dan Milam
Do you remember when a home business was typing, ironing, house cleaning or selling crafts? In today’s environment we can do computer drafting, medical transcription, internet marketing and more. When average person saw a computer for first time, most people figured “what would I need it for” and others thought it was “the best thing to happen in years”.
Then internet came to ordinary person, like you and me. That opened up a lot of eyes. Wow, email, buying and selling everything under sun and then having it delivered overnight.
If you are planning to play with your website / online business then it might be a hobby. Many people then turn their hobbies into a full time business. If you are going to advertise, write articles and work with your network of friends and influence, then it may be a business. All in all you should be comfortable with your website and take it to any level you wish. Some people want to supplement their income to afford a few luxuries or pay bills. Some put in time and effort like a real job and possibilities are endless.
No matter how you see your online business you will need to advertise it to get visitors. Visitors are prime essential to any business. And return visitors will make your business. If all you have are single visits, you will not make it, but if you have repeat visitors you are on your way to great things.