What Is Blogging?
Blogs have been around for many years but have recently become somewhat a new ‘craze’. A Blog is short for Web Log is basically an online journal. They can be set up at little to no cost at all, and can be used for a wide variety of things. Some bloggers just blog for fun of it, while others tend to use their blogs for business reasons.
The following are just a few ways blogs can be used:
1) Updates Keep customers/clients up to date on changes to your website. Also new product announcement and new related websites.
2) Reviews You can give opinions, advice and personal recommendations on specific products or services related to your field.
3) Personal and Business uses Blogs are a great way to keep track of your goals and plans just by open writing.
4) Stress Reliever Jot down your vents, gripes, thoughts. Some also find general writing therapeutic.
5) Search Engine Optimization Search Engines love text and content. You can also include links to your website which equal backward links which in turn equals high ranking.
6) Money Makers Yes, you can make money with your blog by providing readers with quality copy writing and a few affiliate links.
So how is a blog set up? There are several options you can choose from when starting your own blog, and a few are:
1) Using a free service such as Blogger.com ( http://www.blogger.com ).
2) Using Blogger.com (or other free blog provider) with your own domain name that you can purchase through places such as Mommy’s Helper Domain & Hosting Services ( http://www.mommyshelperonline.com/web-hosting.html ) .
3) You can also choose a paid services such as Blogit.com ( http://www.blogit.com/Blogs/Affil/?51483 ) for as little as $5.95 a month.