The NEW Edition of WebPosition Gold is Finally Here . . . And its new features make it better than ever!
By Robin Nobles
Typical of professionalism of FirstPlace Software, they've waited to release WebPosition Gold 2 (http://www.webposition.com) until all possible bugs could be found and corrected, so it seems like forever that we've been waiting for this release. However, for those of us "die hard" Gold fans, wait has been well worth it.
Let's take a quick walk through of program and discuss my favorite features as well as changes made in each area.
By far my favorite feature of Gold, Reporter will now report your rankings across an impressive 85 world-wide search engines and directories.
Some other new and exciting features include:
* You can now easily mail copies of report to your clients, even going so far as to ZIP file.
* You can automatically upload reports to your Web site.
* You can conserve disk space by checking an option to delete actual downloaded page after reports are generated.
* You can even filter out non-ranking keywords from report, so that report you send to your clients will be even more impressive!
* "Visibility Statistics" are now included at top of Concise Summary Report that will let you know how many top ranking pages you have as well as other valuable statistics. ? Under Options, you're given choice of being courteous to each engine by waiting a certain period of time between searches.
While reviewing this program, I created a few pages using Page Generator, which is a feature of Gold 2 that helps you build pages.
This portion of Gold has gotten criticism in past because engines don't want to see "machine-generated" pages. However, Gold 2's Page Generator doesn't produce anything remotely "machine generated." You have to create content, design page, and choose keywords. You simply create page from within a form, rather than on a blank HTML page.
After creating one of pages, I ran it through Page Critic, then submitted it through Inktomi's pay inclusion program. Within a couple of days, I was already seeing top 10 results across many of engines.
Is page a "doorway page"? Any page on your entire site is virtually a doorway into your site. Does page provide value to Internet, and would it be interesting and valuable to Net users? Yes. Page Generator just made it easier for me to create page.
Page Critic is designed to look at your pages and offer suggestions in a variety of areas, such as word count, keyword prominence, keyword frequency, and keyword weight. Critic then offers specific suggestions that will help you create a page that is close to statistical averages of other top ranking pages for that particular search engine. Under General Suggestions, you'll find a running list of news, tips, and suggestions related to engine.