RichTrack.com explains what affiliate marketing is all about and how much money you can make. RichTrack.com will help you to become an affiliate. RichTrack.com has reviewed best Affiliate Program Providers (APPs) and here you can find our top APPs ranking. Also you find a lot of resources which help you to promote merchantís products and get money in lucrative world of affiliate marketing.
Affiliate marketing is a type of marketing in which revenue sharing between online merchants and online salespeople (affiliates), whereby compensation is based on performance measures, typically in form of sales (Pay Per Sale), clicks (Pay Per Click) and impressions (Pay Per Impressions).
Merchants run affiliate programs to generate leads and sales from other Web sites. They pay an affiliate to generate sales from a button, banner, or link placed on affiliateís website, newsletter, e-mail or pay per click ad. For example, if a site owner signs up for any merchantís affiliate program, he will receive banners or links from this merchant that he can place anywhere on his site. Then, if a visitor clicks on this banner or a link on his site and buys something, he will receive a commission.
The introduction of affiliate programs in late 1990s brought Internet marketing to a new level. The first companies that offered these programs saw sales increase dramatically. These companies basically get free advertising and only pay their affiliates a percentage of sales they generate. It's a win-win situation for company that runs affiliate program.
Now there are thousands of companies in hundreds of industries that will pay commissions to you for sales, leads or impressions.
How does it work?
1. First of all you are looking for products and services sold online and used an affiliate program.
2. Then you should sign up for free as a reseller (affiliate). How to become an affiliate you can find below.
3. After that you should advertise these products and services. How to promote them you can find below.
4. After all youíll receive commission checks.
How to become an affiliate?
There are two ways to become an affiliate:
1. Some merchants have their own affiliate programs. You can join them on their sites.
2. But most typical is to use Affiliate Program Providers (APPs). There are several large APPs. They connect a lot of merchants and affiliates in different industries. APPs collect payments from merchants and consolidate affiliate reporting and payments. For example, affiliate places links to merchant on their website, email, newsletter, or Pay per Click ads. When a potential customer clicks through link they are sent to a specified page of merchantís site. If this potential customer buys something, fills out a form, or completes any action desired by merchant affiliate is gotten a commission. The APP tracks all elements of transaction. Joining an APP is absolutely free. You should only fill out a form. The affiliate should usually wait a few days for approval, sometimes applying is automatic. You can find Top APPs at http://www.RichTrack.com.