Top Ten Great Headline Ideas Judy Cullins ©2005 All Rights Reserved.
What Makes a Great Headline?
Headlines are far more important than copy beneath them. If you don't use headlines within your chapter or in your Web site sales letters and article titles, you will lose your audience's attention in a few seconds. And, that's serious.
Apply These Top Ten Headline Ideas and Prosper
1. Needs to compel and propel skimmer to stay and go to sales copy beneath if on your Web site. Your book chapter headlines should lead your reader by hand to what he wants to know. They can be questions or statements, but make them clear, and if possible, sizzle.
2. Must be attention-getting. Use emotion in your copywriting because people buy because they connect emotionally, not because they need something.
3. Make it benefit-driven--how your product or service will solve your audience's problem, concern, or challenge.
4. Make an irresistible offer. Most eBooks that sell well offer special bonus reports they attach at end of document. People often buy just because of bonus such as my "How to Get Testimonials from Rich and Famous" for my book on writing a book.
5. Make a wild promise and pay up. Most people don't like hype, but will notice your promises in your benefit statements. Back it up with how when they read copy beneath headline.