Whether you want to be your own boss or you want to be handsomely rich, internet offers great possibilities. Maybe too many!
You hop on internet only to find yourself being pulled in so many different directions that you don’t even know which way is up. Yipes! How do you go about filtering through masses of come-ons?
Here’s one… “Fabulous Income Immediately with Little or No Work!” Ooooh, goody!
I must admit, these ads appeal enormously to greedy, lazy parts of my humanity. Fortunately I, like most of you, know that there is no such thing as being paid just for showing up. And you don’t have time or money to lose…
So just how DO you proceed?
Rule 1 – Don’t waste your energy and money with multi-level marketing outfits. These are ones with a forced matrix recruitment and pay-out system.
Now I’ll be first to admit that there are some very reputable MLM companies out there. Some of them are Fortune 500 Companies and some rank high on New York Stock Exchange and trade heavily on NASDAQ.
However, just because company as a whole is making money doesn’t necessarily mean that YOU will make money. Too many of us have learned that hard way.
THE MAJOR DRAWBACKS TO MLM COMPANIES
Here are some obstacles I encountered, which finally led me to abandon MLMs for good.
• MLM structures have a bad reputation. That’s just way it is. Whether company deserves poor reputation or not is hardly point. The fact remains that you are working against widespread skepticism. (“Is this one of those pyramid schemes?”) You’re trying to swim upstream. Not wise.
• There is always a monthly purchase you are required to make, so you’re losing money from day one. (Many companies try to deny fact that there is any “requirement” to purchase anything. They conveniently sidestep fact that you aren’t eligible to earn any money unless you are making a monthly purchase.)
• It takes several “recruits” to just break even. And no sooner do you add one than another one bails out. It is a sl-o-o-o-o-w grow.
• Your eventual income directly hinges on efforts of other people. Talk about giving away your power!
• Many MLM or forced-matrix structures are unstable and short-lived. The term “fly-by-night” springs to mind.
• I found myself focusing so exclusively on tracking down leads for company I was promoting that I really wasn’t aware of what was going on out on big playing field where all really creative people were carving out their piece of pie. The internet is a much more fascinating arena once you take off MLM blinders.