The big day is fast approaching, and energy of moment sweeps you up. But does it carry your hair along too? Use following checklist to ensure your wedding day hair is everything you dream it will be:
1. Which stylist? Make bookings for consultations with more than one stylist well in advance and decide on one you feel most comfortable with. You should be able to express your likes and dislikes without feeling awkward.
2. Long hair, shoulder length, or short hair? It is important to consult with your stylist well in advance and make a decision. Long hair obviously gives stylist much freedom for creativity but a skilled stylist can also work well with medium and short styles. Be sure to choose a length that fits with your personality and style.
3. Have your hair compliment your wedding dress. This can be done by both style and accessories. Smooth, straight hair and pinned up curls are often paired up with smooth satin gowns, whereas a tulle dress often goes well with soft curls.
4. Take into consideration your silhouette. If it's along horizontal lines such as with a wide dress, you'll want to stick with that look for your hair as well. The same goes for a vertical profile.
5. You'll be spending a lot of time at salon picking out perfect hairstyle, so it's best to be prepared. Be sure to wash your hair night before your consultation, and try to have some pictures of styles you'd like to try out.
6. Take a picture of your wedding dress along to your stylist. This will greatly help process along. Also take your veil with you, and let stylist know what kind of wedding you are having: formal, informal, evening, daytime. Alternatively, consult with your stylist before deciding on your headpiece.