"The World Wide Marketplace" (c)janes-place
Some of you have asked about marketing outside of internet. To be effective, you "must" have tools. It's time consuming to search for tools that you need. Here are some tools that I use and have found them to be effective:
1) I had business cards printed up "Free" and I place one in every piece of correspondence I mail out. The quality of these cards really are impressive! Get your business cards free here: http://janes-place.com/marketing.htm Click on small banner on navigation bar. It says Free Business Cards.
2) I also had return labels printed up with my name, address and URL, at same place I got my business cards. Every time I mail a letter, they are exposed to my URL. Eventually it will be burned in their minds.
3) Since printing on labels are so small, I had a self-inking stamp printed up and stamp every piece of mail that goes out of this house. Even postal people can see this!
4) I read ezines. Every article you read is way that person does things. You take what you can use from article and leave rest.
5) I download a lot of ebooks and read them! A lot of people download ebooks, but never read them. Say you don't have time? I use to say that too! I now print them out and read them when I am waiting to see doctor, dentist, anyplace where I have to wait. I always have a highlighter in my purse and highlight information that I find useful. That way later, I don't have to read whole article again to find information I'm looking for. You will find a lot of good ebooks at janes-place: http://janes-place.com/Downloads.htm http://janes-place.com/InterNETACTIVE.htm http://janes-place.com/ezineadvertising.htm http://janes-place.com/quickway.htm http://janes-place.com/more_downloads.htm I am working right now to get some more up to help with your marketing efforts. Download these ebooks and read them! They are there to help you!
6) I also jot down notes in margin, like "try this", or "check this out". That way, when I'm ready to use information in ebook, I go thru my notes.
7) When I go shopping, I strike up conversations with fellow shoppers. I "always" get around to asking question, "Do you have a computer?" Nine times out of ten, answer is, "Yes". I reach into my purse, pull out one of my business cards and give them one. I invite them to visit my site and sign-up for my newsletters.
8) When I call another business, or they call me, I tell them about my site. For example, a lady called me other day to get me to sign-up for MCI Long Distance service for my phone. I immediately brought up subject of my internet business. As we talked, I found out that she was a new user of internet and her mother made dolls that she wanted to put on internet. I told her that I had a solution for both of them. She needed to sign-up for Newbie & Affiliate SOS Newsletter, to learn more about internet and her mother could go to my site and place a free classified ad for her doll business and that there were a lot of other "Free Marketing Tools" on my site for her to use. Guess what? I just acquired two new customers and friends.