One of most spectacular and unspoiled places on earth, which attracts tourists worldwide, is lake Baikal, deepest lake in world. This lake is considered to have purest and most tasteful water known to man. The water in lake is so clean and clear that one can easily catch sight of fish some forty meters down (120 feet).
There is a legend, which tourists enjoy, that a boater lost his watch to lake which can still be seen on bottom.
There are thousands of lakes on this planet but we are speaking of no ordinary lake, but rather about one of nature's miracles. One of few unique places left of unspoiled beauty.
Here are some interesting facts about this lake:
1. Baikalís basin is made up of three underwater depressions, which together holds more water than all five of Great Lakes of North America. It holds one fifth of earth's supply of fresh water.
2. This Siberian miracle of nature is deepest lake (1,700 m ) in world.
3. The lake is so large that all of rivers on Earth combined would take an entire year to fill it.
4. At 25-30 million years old, it is oldest lake in world.
5. Baikal also hides a mystery.