Beach weddings are popular but they do present "special issues". Failing to consider these ahead of time could leave you unpleasantly surprised on your wedding day!
There is certainly nothing that should dissuade you from your vision of a beautiful seaside ceremony. As a matter of fact, there are many benefits.
Just know issues and plan for them. Your wedding day will be a wonderful and joyous event!
* A beach wedding can be much cheaper than a traditional wedding. Who in this day and age can't afford to save money? It is said that average budget for a wedding these days is between $20,000 to $30,000! That is an enormous and unnecessary financial burden to be faced with!
Don't start off married life enslaved by your wedding day debts. If you have that kind of money to spend, fine, but if not, don't go there! Be practical and remember, day is what you, your loved ones and your friends make of it...not how much you spent on it!
* A beach wedding can be a casual affair. It allows everyone to relax. Your guests can dress comfortably and affordably. Often brides-to-be are unaware of financial strain they place on their wedding attendants and guests. Not everyone can afford to buy that wedding outfit.
* The wedding ceremony and reception can all be held right there on beach. No need to travel to different locations. This is very convenient for everyone. Hey, even kids can have fun at a beach wedding!
* A beach wedding allows you to involve everyone in activities. Guests are not restricted to sitting quietly in their seats. They can actually be a part of celebration!
* Beach weddings don't always require a permit. If you are having a small ceremony and do not require a section of beach to be blocked off...just do it! Simple yet lovely!
* A beach wedding is a modern and refreshing change from "stodgy" traditional wedding. It allows your creativity and personality to shine through.
* There is no "right" or "wrong way" to plan a beach front wedding. It can be large, small, romantic, whimsical or even downright goofy! You can pay big bucks and hire everything out, or, you can be cheap and make everything yourself. The choice is completely yours!
* The most important thing to remember when planning a beach wedding is that "Mother Nature" rules! Depending on her mood, she can brighten your day or rain on your parade! When planning your celebration, be sure to plan an "alternate location" should old girl be cranky that day!