1. Trade links with other web sites. They should be related to subject of your web site. Instead of trading links, you could also trade banner ads, half page ads, classified ads, etc.
2. Start an e-zine for your web site. When people read each issue they'll be reminded to revisit your web site. They'll see your product ad more than just once which will increase your orders.
3. Form an online community. It could be an online message board, e-mail discussion list or chat room. When people get involved in your community they will regularly return to communicate with others.
4. Write articles and submit them to e-zines, web sites and magazines that accept article submissions. Include your business information and web address at end of article.
5. Give away an electronic freebie with your ad on it. Allow your visitors to also give freebie away. This'll increase your ad exposure and attract people to your web site at same time.
6. Combine your products or services into one big package deal with other businesses offerings. You could share a web site and advertise package deal; which means double traffic.
7. Submit your freebie to online directories that list your particular item or service for free. If you're offering a free e-zine, submit it to all free e-zine directories on internet.
8. Participate on message boards. Post answers to other people's questions, ask questions and post appropriate information. Include your signature file at end of all your postings.
9. Exchange classified or sponsor ads with other free e-zine publishers. If there is a huge subscriber difference between e-zines, one can run more ads to make up for it.
10. Post your ad on free advertising areas on internet. You can post it on free classified ad sites, free for all links sites, newsgroups that allow ads, free yellow page directories, etc.
11. You could also Increase Traffic By Offering A Free Course in html, autoresponder, and ebook format.
HTML- Your course could be right on your web site. On one web page, create a title page and table of contents. Use clickable chapter links so they can go to sections easily were they need most help.