The NSTP ( Non - Spatial Thinking Process ) theory, a published invention (2002) of Kedar Joshi ( b. 1979 ) (i.e.Myself), a Cambridge ( England ) based philosopher, is a position that, in computer terminology, regards Universe as a Non - Spatial Computer and Space as a Virtual Reality (UNSCSVR). This model of reality can resolve mysteries surrounding quantum mechanics ( e.g. wave - particle duality, EPR ( Einstein - Podolsky - Rosen ) paradox, Schrodinger's cat paradox ), Zeno's paradoxes, biological phenomena of 'protein folding' and 'cell development and differentiation', relativity, action at a distance ( which is a rehabilitated mystery through Joshi's work ), etc. All these mysterious phenomena are, in fact, multiple aspects of a singular underlying structure, composed of four conceptual elements : 1.impossibility of spatial mechanism 2.space as a form of illusion 3.phenomenal mind as non - spatial 4.intelligent orderly execution of spatial events through non - spatial mechanism
The NSTP theory is unique theoretical representation of that structure. The NSTP theory is a philosophical / scientific masterkey that unifies apparently diverse phenomena through its powerful non - spatial mechanical framework.
The NSTP theory is based on
A] Three axioms ( i.e. self - evident truths ) :
(One's objection that these propositions are not axiomatic is nothing but one's inability to perceive truth. These propositions are clearly axiomatic to author.)
1) Phenomenal mind ( or feelings or qualia ) is non - spatial. i.e. No kind of feeling, e.g. feeling of colour blue, can be represented by any spatial structure.
2) All kinds of experiences, even thoughts I know I am having, are feelings or qualias.
3) A phenomenally conscious self is a temporal stream of non - spatial phenomenal mental events. ( A Non - Spatial Thinking Process (NSTP), as every feeling is itself a thought or idea. )
B] And two hypotheses :
1) Space ( as a room or void out there : whether three or higher dimensional, bounded or unbounded ) is a virtual reality ( i.e. a form or projection of non - spatial mind, a kind of feeling ).
2) Individual or local NSTPs are orderly ( or thoughtfully ) executed by a gigantic, central, or global NSTP ( rather a group of NSTPs ), representing superhuman thoughts or ideas, in order to account for order in universe, e.g. gravitational phenomenon. ( The central non - spatial superhuman thoughts are processed in zero time because of no spatial limitations; e.g. in space it takes time to transfer data from one spatial location to another. Although a conscious human is nothing but an NSTP it is, at least partially, conceptually, as opposed to physically, bound to spatial biochemical brain, and thus core NSTPs introduce time lag in processing of individual NSTPs, where appropriate. )
Further, existence of central NSTPs is assumed for two reasons :
i) In any machine where its peripherals are not intelligent enough to modulate ( or be able to account for ) their own behaviour there has to be some central intelligent part in machine to bring out peripheral happenings or phenomena.
ii) As laws of physics ( or any other than those of pure mathematics or logic ) are not logically or conceptually necessary there has to be a way to change ways individual NSTPs are generated ( or produced or executed ). And for that to be possible there has to be some central intelligence existing in form of ( non - spatial ) mental events, which itself could be modulated to alter modulation of individual NSTPs.