"Why is Zone diet so controversial?"
Extract from an interview with Dr. Barry Sears, by Harper&Collins Publishers
Five cover promises
At first glance, Barry Sears' first published book "Enter The Zone" has following main points:
- Lose weight permanently
- Reset your genetic code
- Prevent disease
- Achieve your maximum physical performance
- Enhance your mental productivity
These five statements should make us buy. I think I would buy if only one of them were true, point three, preventing disease.
How can a diet not be controversial when it says it can "prevent diseases"? But, to be fair, Dr Sears provides further details of his ambiguous statement somewhere between covers of bestseller. We find out that Zone diet can help to:
- prevent type II diabetes, as Zone diet is nothing more than permanent and accurate insulin control through food we ingest
- prevent cardiovascular diseases (cardiomyopathy, arthritis, artherosclerosis, hypertension, hypercholesterolemia)
- prevent or cure "mental diseases" such as depression and alcoholism
- restore energy in conditions such as CMS, PMS or even HIV infections
- prevent cancer development and make antibodies fight tumors with greater success.