Sales letter not pulling like you want? Need a quick “fill in blanks” formula for marketing your next product? Here are 20 essential components of hard-selling sales letter:
1) Does your headline speak directly to your potential customer and give them a strong, specific benefit of your product or service?
2) Did you start with strongest benefit of your product or service, then work your way down to include least important benefits for your potential customer?
3) Do you explain how your product or service is better or different than your competitors?
4) Does your sales letter speak directly to your prospect? In other words, instead of saying, “people that like horses will love this book” you say, “If you love horses you’ll love this book.”
5) Do you use “you” twice as often as “I” in your sales letter?
6) Is your sales letter easy to read using short sentences and paragraphs?
7) Do you use power words and write with goal of keeping your reader’s interest?
8) Do you show your potential customer their problem; agitate it by telling them how troublesome it is, then offer your product or service as solution?
9) Is your copy clear, easy to understand, and follows a flow from one paragraph to next?
10) Are your strong words and phrases highlighted or bolded to draw attention and keep reader focused?
11) Is your sales letter written in a friendly, active, conversational,” me to you”, tone of voice?