After having chosen several programs to join, you probably realize that customers won't knock on your door - you have to come to them. By promoting your affiliate programs successfully, you build your own success!
So what should you do to promote your affiliate programs? Here are five methods which have succeeded for millions and can succeed for you, if you choose to follow same steps as those millions before you!
#1 Create your own marketing affiliate program materials.
Many people use marketing materials provided by program they signed up for. Guess what? Thousands of people are using those same materials, those same ready-made websites and those same advertisements. People are easily bored and those ads get old really, really fast. Create something brand new and all your own!
* Create your own promotional website instead of using a stale, pre- packaged website. This is not very expensive and returns can be huge!
* Create your own brochures and pamphlets. Whether using email or mailing materials to prospects in old-fashioned way, be sure your material is fresh and new.
* Create compelling business cards. The business cards you hand out to contacts that you network with should also be fresh, new, and cause person reading card to feel compelled to contact you. A simple byline such as "Information on Becoming an Overnight Success" can be all it takes to make that person call you for more information.
* Write original articles and submit for publication to ezines for exposure of your fresh material.
#2 Generate Leads from an Opt-In Email List
Sure, you can buy names from email lists, but are those people even interested in type of product you have to offer? Probably not! Create an opt-in mailing list by allowing prospects who come to your website to choose to receive a free newsletter. This gives you opportunity to include information in newsletter about your products. Why is this best way?
* Allows contact with people who have at least some interest in product you are promoting on your website
* Generates mailing list for future products you may promote
* Saves tons of money compared to buying mailing lists!
After all, think of all those flyers that come in newspaper. What do you do with them? If you are like most people, you throw them away because they don't pertain to you. If all flyers in your newspaper were placed there because you, personally, had expressed interest in them, you probably would read them all! This is difference between random mailing and mailing to prospects that share an interest in your product type!