Before I start waxing lyrical about these three books, I must state for record that this is my opinion only. I have bought maybe 15 or 20 ebooks this year (yes, I truly believe in investing in my own education), and these three stand out in my mind. Another reader, with other passions may choose differently.
And, this article is only concerned with ebooks that I have purchased from January to June 2002. The best book of all, dollar for dollar, is very excellent 'Make Your Site Sell' by Ken Evoy. But that came out in 2001. You can download a free trial version of this book, to give yourself a taste (with no obligation to buy) from http://www.BizE-zine.com/special_downloads2.htm
What do I look for in an ebook?
1. It has to be well written. I like an easy, friendly read. It must flow logically and not run off at tangents.
2. It must teach me something. I really don't appreciate books that simply rehash stuff that I already know, or can find online for free - however well written they may be.
3. It must be eminently practical. I don't want to be taught theory that is too complicated for my simple brain to put into action.
4. I have to be able to see right away that there is a real money-making potential.
So which of my purchases meet criteria?
1. Mini Site Profits, by Phil Wiley.
Phil Wiley is an affiliate marketing expert. He has developed a system of producing quick, easy websites that pull in a disproportionate income.
His book, which comes with a whole host of extras, takes you by hand and leads you to profit.
All tricks and tips that Phil uses himself are here, with clear examples. He shows you how to select a product to sell, how to identify an audience, how to set up site, where to get content, how to take money. Everything you need to know.
Note that I say that he shows you. This is not some technical journal full of theory and long-distance advice. Every lesson is backed up by real-life examples from Phil's own sites.
Phil Wiley is one of life's 'super doers'. This book shows you how you can join him in that elite group.
2. eBook Secrets Exposed, by Jim Edwards and David Garfinkel.
The subtitle of this book is 'How to make massive amounts of money, in record time with your own ebook!'
Jim Edwards is a prolific and highly successful author with six top selling ebooks and info products so far released - and more on way.