Most people get into internet marketing because it looks like a good way to make money from home. These people usually don't realize that initial sales are only a small piece of pie. Don't be like them and miss out on all hidden treasures!
As you read this article I want you to read about these hidden treasures and look at your job or most traditional businesses. If you compare what you know to what I'm going to share with you it will be obvious to you that your job or traditional business can't offer you steal of a deal you can get with being an internet marketer.
So here we go. The 13 Hidden Benefits of Internet Marketing:
1. TAX BREAKS. Yes, terrific tax breaks. When you operate a home based business you can write off costs for: * The area in your home you use for business * Office supplies (including your computer) * Related tools (hosting fees, journals, magazines, cable TV), * Job expenses * Travel expenses * Meals and entertainment * Advertising * Your phone * Legal and professional services * Training * And much, much more.
Talk to an accountant to get a complete list of all tax breaks you may qualify for.
2. LOW STARTUP COSTS. Most businesses cost AT LEAST $5,000 to get started. That's VERY low end. You can actually start making money on internet by joining an affiliate program for free and marketing with free ads. Even if you're getting your own site up it can be done for only a few hundred dollars.
3. LOW OPERATING COSTS. Once you're up and running you can build your business on a budget of a hundred dollars a month or less. I'm including operating expenses like hosting fees, merchant accounts, etc. The less money you spend, more time it will take, but you don't have that choice in most businesses. You usually have to have a lot of cash or you can't get started.
4. HIGH PROFIT MARGIN. Since your costs are low you keep more of money you make from sales. If you sell a product delivered online (like e-books) you don't have to pay for shipping either.
5. MARKET FOR LITTLE OR NO MONEY. You probably already know this, but don't take it for granted. Online you can submit free ads, do ad swaps with your ezine, use pay per click search engines, etc. Check out how much advertising costs offline. Just to mail 1,000 letters costs $340.00! Instead you can e-mail your offer to 100,000 people for free.
6. YOU DON'T NEED YOUR OWN PRODUCT. There are a ton of folks with great products you can sell through affiliate programs. Go to www.cj.com for ideas if you don't know what you want to sell. You can make a great living just from marketing for other people in your spare time.