There are lots of excellent affiliate programs out there and even lots more affiliates. But average guy hardly holds more than 3 sales to his name. All those top ranking marketing courses and ebooks advise you to have your own mailing list- 'hot leads' as they call them. But to be able to develop one responsive list you need to be a 'mini guru' yourself. It takes lots of dedication, time and ‘appetite’ to be able to build such a list.
Frankly, average Joe hopped on internet in first place to be able to grab some of gold floating around cyberspace and earn some extra 'grub' anonymously...
Yes using anonymity of a faceless email and without all hassles of an ordinary business... building a 'mailing list' is simply a non-attainable goal.
Other Stumbling blocks are:
- Loss of affiliate revenue due to affiliate link theft.
- Non acceptance of affiliate links by search engines.
- Loss of advertising revenue - Even though program claims for eg. 'sales copy is so good every 6th person is signing up or buying' – affiliate orders guaranteed hits using traffic exchanges only to be disappointed or feel a temporary elation with a few sales...
All that advertising simply helps to create a 'buzz' about program with no positive impact to affiliate...
Rarely if ever does anyone buy on a first visit to site and by time they have been 'buzzed into hypnotic action' to buy, it’s definitely not from first, second or even third sites they visited. Also they usually buy from someone who has an 'up-sell' offer, someone to whose mailing list they already belong or someone they have come to trust.
All is not lost however, you can master affiliate game yet... Without a mailing list.
So lets get started:
1. Prepare an independent web page for each affiliate program with
- A magnetically irresistible title;
- followed by a bulleted list of benefits using ‘grab them by gut’ writing.
- A link to programs testimonial page.