Here are 12 Essential Tips to a Professional Business Website:
1. Choose a big enough font size. A size 12 is good for easy readability.
2. Maintain a consistent look on your pages. Use same fonts, navigation bar, general layout, colour scheme, etc. You want to create a “congruous” experience for your visitor by being consistent.
3. Break content of your landing webpage into more than one table. Many make mistake of putting all their content into one table. This may take forever to load.
Try putting just your headlines into a separate table right on top, with rest of your content in a second table that follows. So when your visitor arrives on landing page, table with headlines will come on first.
Note that this trick does not reduce size of your file as a whole or make your entire sales content load faster. It just creates illusion of this happening. Your visitor can at least take a couple of seconds to read first table of headlines while second content-rich table loads. After scanning through top headlines, second table is ready for him or her to continue reading.
4. It is preferable to have a white or light coloured background. Black text on such a background stands out better.
5. Have lots of white space on your sales letter. Don’t clutter up your page with too much information and images. You want your pages to go easy on eyes.