Ten great holiday dates for singles
Dating during holiday season can be a special treat. Of course, in order to fully experience this you may need to re-order some priorities and make time for yourself and your own personal needs. Don’t give into temptation to put your social life on hold until after New Year. Manage those work projects and family demands in a way that leaves you open to try some of romantic and fun-filled activities that are available at this time of year.
The following 10 date ideas should help put you in mood and may even inspire you to come up with a few on your own.
1.Have a “progressive” dinner together. Go to one place for your appetizer, another (romantic and intimate) place for your dinner; and then have dessert and coffee (nightcap), in a quiet spot with a beautiful view of holiday lights or other holiday views. Even better, go by limo, so you have all your time to focus on each other and don’t have to worry about all driving.
2. Take a holiday tour of historic homes in your area. Many areas of country have these. Often they are done in evening by candlelight. Afterwards, you can go for a walk and view surrounding neighborhood lights and decorations. Finish with coffee in a quiet bistro.
3. Get dressed up and attend a holiday concert or play. You can spend a lot or very little on this kind of date, depending where you go for entertainment. A nice little before or after meal fills out evening.
4. Go and get hot chocolate with your date; then go look at Christmas lights or displays available in your area. Many places have dazzling displays that light up night.
5. Go ice skating together. Find a nice place, not too crowded. This brings out playful side and encourages a lot of interaction with each other. Hold hands, show off, race- be kids again!
6. Attend a religious service together. This could be accomplished by going to a place of worship that one (or both) of you belong to; or you could go to a non-denominational service. An evening service, followed by a supper in an intimate restaurant could fill you with a sense of well-being and peacefulness.