Spring is such a refreshing time- we are filled with hope and promise of seasons ahead. The flowers blossom, our spirits lift. This is a great time to make a fresh start, to de-clutter your life, to get back to simple pleasures.
1. Go outside and enjoy beauty of spring. Not while you are in a rush to get your tasks done- just for pleasure of looking at shapes and colors, or smelling freshness of new grass or ocean. No agenda, not with your mind racing along filling up your to-do list. The point of this task is to empty your mind of everything but present. Just trust that all important things on your to-do list will still be there when you are finished, only you will have more energy and be more creative in execution of that list.
2. Call an old friend that you have been meaning to catch up with. Schedule it into you day planner if you have to, but do it! Allow yourself lots of time so you can really get caught up.
3. Go through your closets and throw out anything that you havenít worn in past year (unless you really love it- then only throw it out if it has been two years). Buy yourself a piece of clothing in a bright new color.
4. Do one thing that you have been meaning to do but havenít gotten around to yet- go to art gallery, see a play or go to opera. Choose a Saturday this month and plan this- invite your favourite person to join you.
5. Learn something new- take a class, read a book, try a new sport or craft. Learning new things keeps us youthful and vibrant and makes us more interesting- and interested.
6. Do something positive for your community- sign up for a charitable run (as a volunteer or participant), help with a community clean-up, attend a fund-raiser. Find a way to get involved and give back.