Choosing right personal injury attorney is not difficult if you know right questions to ask. You can start your search on internet with words "personal injury attorny" plus your location.
This will provide you several names of local attorneys plus some sites that "refer attorneys" or are otherwise paid adds. Call or email 3-5 attorneys and ask them to answer following questions:
1. How many personal injury cases have you tried in front of juries?
2. What kind of experts have you hired for your clients?
3. What % of your income comes from personal injury cases?
4. Have you handled cases similar to my injury? How many and with what results?
5. Are you willing to advance expenses of litigation?
6. Are you a mamber of any attorney organizations that primarily help injury victims?
The answers to these questions should give you a good idea if attorney is an experienced and succesful personal injury attorney.
You want an attorney who is willing to and has gone to trial. Insurance companies know who is willing to go to trial. Attorneys that have not tried jury cases are not likely to command respect to get you a fair offer.