You need some abilities to achieve some thing BIG in life. The most important among these is ability to concentrate your entire thought on task you are working on. Total concentration is ability to utilize all constructive thoughts and screen out all destructive or negative thoughts. If an ordinary person wants to become a great success first thing he needs is power to concentrate.
Observe a child playing. You'll see a model of 100 percent concentration. Observe lovers talking to each other you'll see 100 percent concentration! Observe a person reading an interesting story book again you'll see 100 percent concentration!
What is common among these three cases? Love! They are in love with task at hand! So EASIEST way to achieve total concentration is to love what you do. But how to love everything we do? As all tasks are not as loveable as a play, lover or a story.
Don't worry. Apply following steps. You can control your wandering mind and can focus it on whatever task you need to complete.
STEP #1: Prepare yourself to concentrate 100 percent. Following tips help...
• Keep your body in a comfortable position to allow proper blood circulation and breathing.
• Drink water, see that you're not hungry, and take few deep breaths.
• See that others are not allowed to disturb you till finish work.
• Declare to yourself that you are going to pay full attention to work at hand.
STEP #2: Develop deep interest towards task on your hand. How? Follow these tips:
1. List or know all little and big advantages or benefits you get when you successfully complete task—learning a lesson, or completing home work.
2. Know consequences of not completing task at hand. That is, pain or loss you're going to suffer. For example, not achieving your career dream.
3. Use affirmation with feeling, "I love to read/learn/listen to......(name of task) with full concentration. This information/task is so useful for me."
STEP #3: Engage other relatives of concentration, as it can't work for you alone!
Here are some important relatives of concentration;
1. Clear purpose—know exactly why do you want task done.
2. Strong Desire—to Fulfill purpose
3. Commitment—to complete tasks related to achieving purpose.
4. Belief—that you can do whatever you've to do and reach your goal.
5. Expectation—Expect that you can concentrate 100 percent and master topic/work.
STEP #4: Stop negative programming and do positive programming.
Don't ever think, say or imagine that you can't concentrate 100 percent. Instead, before starting task imagine you're doing it with full concentration. This takes only few seconds.
STEP #5: Use this strange property of your brain to concentrate 100 percent!
Salespersons, advertisers, good teachers use this property to attract and hold your attention. So what is this strange property? They ask series of probing questions.