Say “I Love You” With the Hula DanceWritten by Donna Monday
On your visit to Big Island of Hawaii, you’ll probably get to see a traditional hula dance. If even greater fortune smiles upon you during your stay, you may get to visit island of Molokai, place where hula is said to have originated.
Ancient Hawaiians passed along stories and legends of their culture through “hula kahiko”, or ancient hula. For many generations they danced and chanted their proud history, customs, ceremonies, and traditions.
10 Fun Facts About HawaiiWritten by Donna Monday
1) Hawaii has eight main islands: Niihau, Kauai, Oahu, Maui, Molokai, Lanai, Kahoolawe, and “Big Island” of Hawaii.
2) Hawaii is most isolated population center on earth. Hawaii is 2,390 miles from California; 3,850 miles from Japan; 4,900 miles from China; and 5,280 miles from Philippines.
3) Hawaii is only U.S. state that grows coffee.
4) More than one-third of world’s commercial supply of pineapples comes from Hawaii.
5) From east to west, Hawaii is widest state in United States.
6) The Hawaiian Islands mountain range tops are biggest in world.