The Internet is an amazing medium for communication, and entertainment. It can help save you time and money, and provide a lot of fun too! S-l-o-w-l-y, big businesses are starting to fully realise potential of Internet.
But it is small businesses, and individuals who are truly exploiting Internet phenomenon. It is this group - people with small budgets and forced to research and fully utilise best high- value low-cost opportunities - that lead way.
And whilst it isn't easy, it *is possible* for anyone to sell online.
When I say anyone, I have to qualify it a little. I mean:
* Anyone who owns... anything! * Anyone who knows something that others don't * Anyone who has a passion, and is willing to share that passion with others * Anyone who is willing to work hard, and continue to learn
'Anyones' can be educated or un-educated, skilled or un-skilled, employed or self-employed (or unemployed). You can be a house-wife (house-husband) or any kind of business professional you can think of (even a salesman!). You can be... anyone, as long as you have access to wonderful world of web.
And you don't need a website OR a product OR knowledge of HTML (but all can help)!
------------ Three types of 'anyone' ------------
I shall split these 'anyones' into 3 distinct groups. Everyone belongs to at least one of these groups, but you may well find ways to sell online in each of them.
1) Anyone with NO WEBSITE and NO PRODUCT
2) Anyone with a WEBSITE but NO PRODUCT
3) Anyone with a WEBSITE and PRODUCT
------------ 1) Anyone with NO WEBSITE and NO PRODUCT ------------
It sounds good, doesn't it - selling online, with no website and no product! And, even better, you get to clear out your loft (attic), cellar (basement) or cupboard (closet) whilst you're at it! (And it's NOT network marketing, so don't worry!)
I'm not talking about car-boot (or garage) sales either, but you're almost there!
"Sell - and buy - via online auctions!"
After all, we all own things that we no longer want; items that others are willing to buy from us! Online auctions allow you to sell (and buy) those items online.
"Build your own Net auction business."
Ever heard of Ebay? It's an online auction site - one of *the* MOST VISITED sites on Net - brim full with people eager to sell (and buy) goods online! If you know what you're doing on Ebay (or any auction site) you can quite easily turn your passion into a very lucrative, even life-enhancing, business!
As with all things Internet, there are many how-to Auction guides available. One such guide is Sydney Johnstone's excellent "Make Your Net Auction Sell!" Based on her own experiences, it shows how she actually *makes a living* using online auctions and details dozends and dozens of ways you too can sell (or sell more) online!
There are SO MANY good things about selling via online auctions, but I particularly like low-risks involved. I like fact that:
- Your customers are *already looking for your items*, especially on big auction sites like Ebay or Amazon;
- You can sell (almost) anything and it suits anyone (not just stamp-collectors!); - You can do market research, at no expense to yourself! - You can simply use an auction site to promote your website or affiliate program
Quite simply, online auctions provide ultimate low-risk, low- startup-cost business. And Sydney Johnstone's book explains all, together with a clear guide to using (and selling via) online auctions. Powerful stuff!
* The wonderful world of Ebay http://www.ebay.com http://www.ebay.co.uk
* Make Your Net Auctions Sell, by Sydney Johnstone http://mynas.sitesell.com/shopping101.html
------------ 2) Anyone with a WEBSITE but NO PRODUCT ------------ (a) Are you sure you have no product?
What about your knowledge? They say that there's a book in everyone, and that includes you! You probably know something that other people would pay to know. It can be right under your nose too. You just need to know how to find it! (And then you need to know how to create and publish it, and how to market and sell it!...) The thing is, all this how-to information is available NOW, online!
If you think this opportunity might suit you - and think about it for a moment, before you dismiss it! - then I really suggest you seize moment. Visit recommended resources below, or any other sites you're aware of! But do something!
And if you think you're not a writer, YOU CAN LEARN! Creating and selling your very own, proprietary product is small business person's best chance to succeed on Net.
* LEARN HOW to sell your knowledge (find 'the infoproduct within') http://myks.sitesell.com/shopping101.html
* LEARN HOW to make your words sell (discover power of words) http://myws.sitesell.com/shopping101.html
(b) OK, OK there's no book inside you (yet!)
Well, ever heard of Amazon? They sell books, right (and CDs and DVDs...)! They were also responsible for first ever associate program on Net. Their associate (affiliate) program allows sites to sell Amazon books simply by providing a link to Amazon. Amazon tracks link, and pays a commission of between 5 and 15% if click results in a sale. In effect, Amazon invented affiliate marketing!