Copyright 2005 Arina Nikitina
Green tea has been enjoyed by people in China and Japan for thousands of years. Over time it has become widely known in West.
A lot of people nowadays have heard that green tea benefits overall health, but not a lot know why exactly. And believe me after I've learned all health benefits of green tea, I get completely different feeling every time I drink it. I not only enjoy taste of it but I also get moral satisfaction knowing that I am doing something right and extremely healthy for my body. I want you to have exactly same feeling I have, so here are benefits that you get while sipping delicious cup of tea.
Green tea contains anti-oxidants that:
1. Helps to prevent cancer. The is some strong evidence that green tea included in you every day diet can reduce bladder, colon, esophageal, pancreas, rectum, and stomach cancer up to 60%. An antioxidant known as "epigallocatechin gallate" (EGCG for short) is at least 100 more times more effective than vitamin C and 25 times more effective than vitamin E at protecting cells from harmful influence.
The amazing thing about it that EGCG it not only inhibits growth of new cancer cells it also kills some of existing cancer sells without harming healthy ones.
2. Lowers "bad" cholesterol (known as LDL) and improves ratio of "good" cholesterol (known as HDL). It explains why tea-drinkers can eat almost twice foods containing cholesterol as those who don't drink green tea, but still have an equal cholesterol count.
3. Stops unnatural formation of blood cloth which if not taken care of will cause thrombosis. It takes on added importance if you consider that thrombosis is one of main causes of strokes and heart attacks.
4. Reduces high blood pressure by repressing angiotensin II which causes constriction of blood vessels causing high blood pressure.
5. Lowers blood sugar (polyphenols and polysaccharides are two main antioxidants are especially effective in lowering blood sugar). That helps prevent and relieve type-two diabetes.