If you’ve ever considered to start an online ebook store, but for any reason have been hesitant to do so because your not certain whether this is for you or not, I have written this brief article with over 3 years experience as an ebook store owner to help you see what all is involved and to try and help you make decision whether or not this is for you.
Here are just a few of Pros and Cons that can help you make an educated decision about starting such a venture.
1) Your In Control – Depending on your daily schedule you get to decide when and how often to work on your new store.
2) Choosing A Name For Your Book Store – Much of pleasure with starting any kind of business is getting to name it. Just make sure to choose a catchy name that’s easy to remember for potential and returning customers.
3) No Inventory – Unlike traditional paper bound books an ebook does not take up book shelf space. All you need is a reliable web hosting company to upload your files and images to and you’ll never have to dust a cover or package them in a box because their all kept on a computer hard drive ready to be downloaded when a customer completes checkout process.
4) Brandable – Many ebooks can be branded with personal information such as website URL’s and email addresses so that if a customer likes what you have to offer links that can direct them back to your website or to your contact information can be found inside book itself.
5) No Store Hours – Unlike a traditional book store your business online never closes allowing you to have your products ready for sale 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Also your potential customer base is not limited to just town you live in, but to anyone in world that has a computer.
6) Earning Potential - Now don’t take this wrong way....... Unless you know some top secret way to convince people that your product is far superior to all others there is no guarantee that you’ll be able to leave your full time job in order to sell ebooks as a primary income. Although, over years I have found ebooks as a nice “compliment” to my full time job earnings.
This doesn’t mean that making a living selling ebooks is not possible. As a fact many people who have sold ebooks with reseller rights or have found a high demand yet low competitive niche subject to write their own ebook about have been quite successful indeed.