Putting, what do I do now?Written by Will T
It is perhaps supreme irony in golf that simplest shot in book seems to cause biggest problem to largest number of golfers.
Lets's face it, putt is only golf shot that it is really possible to execute flawlessly without any tuition at all. We all start off doing this as kids. Some of us are even superb at it at this young age. It is this shot that is often spur that leads to a lifelong addiction to this wonderful game of golf.
What then, goes wrong? How can this easiest of golf shots become absolute bane of an adult golfer's life? Sorry to say, there is no easy answer. Experts are just as baffled as inexperienced amateurs over this one. The saying 'it's all in mind' was probably never more true than in this golfing case.
Several years ago, an American company developed a golf putting machine. They carried out tests in optimum putting conditions and were gob-smacked to discover that their pride and joy couldn't hole every putt. They took that machine apart and tweaked every element of it until they were certain that it was in perfect working order. And, guess what? It still failed to hole some putts. If this doesn't go to prove that there is at least an element of 'black art' about golf putting, then nothing will.
Step-By-Step Guide For Creating Collages and Other Unique Picture FramesWritten by Antigone Arthur
Step-By-Step Guide For Creating Collages and Other Unique Picture Frames
So you want to make a collage or perhaps you are interested in creating a unique shadow box to hold your valuable photographs and memorabilia. No problem! Whether you want to create lasting memories using cheap picture frames, discount picture frames or even wholesale picture frames, here are some pointers for creating lasting memories right first time every time.
Collage Picture Frames
Collage picture frames are useful for creating lasting memories of a moment in time. Whether you want to create a lasting imprint of your wedding day, vacation or graduation, collages are best way to go. Here are some steps to follow to make sure you create a collage you are pleased with:
- Decide where you want your collage. Make sure you measure space you have available for your frame. You don't want to buy a frame that is too small or large for space.
- Select photographs you want to use for your collage. Remember they should vary in size and shape.
- Review types of collage picture frames available. Look for one that allows one or two large photographs and several small ones. Alternatively you may select a collage with three or four cutouts of equal size and shape.
- Lay out your pictures according to size. Measure them against frame you have available. Crop any pictures you need to so they fit correctly in frame.
- Now measure wall space to decide where exactly you want your collage. Measure corners of frame from ends of wall so you can line up your frame evenly.
- If using a lighter frame, nail wall hooks into wall based on your measurements. If hanging a heavy frame, use nails to hang your frame.
- Hang your picture!
Remember when making a collage texture, color and feel of background paint are just as important as picture itself. You might consider painting wall you plan to hang your collage on. Alternatively you may select a frame color and style that matches current wall surface.