Network Marketing Success - The MLM Psychology Behind Objection
The group I was honored to help lead was a great group, and we had a lot of great talent in it.
But one thing we all understood was this:
The lack of understanding about Objections in MLM will create more objections.
You see, objections are just part of this business. Plain and simple. As gasoline is to a car, or kerosene is to a fire, objections are to our business.
An objection is nothing more than a catalyst, or a map, to make something happen, or accept that nothing will happen. That is up to you, and solely up to you.
And lets be real:
No one really likes objections. At least that is what paradigm is for Industry. But for whatever reason, we never are taught how to truly handle objections, only endure them.
We were all taught to embrace them, and not fear them, as they were a clue to what was going on with prospect, and what was to be said next.
You must understand this -- All objections in MLM from a psychological standpoint stem from 1 of 2 things:
1) Natural Defense Mechanisms.
2) Lack of perceived Value.
And usually defense mechanism kicks in when lack of Value is felt, although some defense mechanisms are from past experiences.
How can you create an environment to lessen natural defense mechanisms that kick in with a lot of people?
That is simple.
Create a sense of "ownership" with your MLM prospect with your business.
The 4 Things to Create Ownership with an MLM Prospect.
1) Sincerely asking their input and thoughts on how to improve what you are doing, and take notes.
2) Edify their accomplishments and transfer that feeling to your presentation.
3) Say, "I don't know whether this is for you or not, it may not be. But I simply wanted to share some ideas and maybe get your insights."
4) "All I want is what is right for you and your family, and this may not be a fit. But if it is, I truly don't want you to miss it."
What people contribute to,(ideas, insights, etc), and feel their values are honored, that will lessen any objections, as they have taken part ownership in your success.