Pay-per-Click Marketing Copy: Tactics to AvoidWritten by Dave Felts
The marketing message you send will influence who clicks on your PPC ad and why they click. Your goal in writing ad copy should be to put yourself in mind of searcher and present an ad that will give them information they need to make an informed decision as to whether or not you offer what they want. The goal is not to get clicks, goal is to get qualified clicks.
Ad strategies to avoid:
Free is a meaningless word and invokes skeptecism. Consumers are smart enough to know that nothing, ever, is really free. While you might increase your click rate, clickers aren't going to be people looking to spend money, they are going to be people looking to see if it really is free. About only Free that works is Free Shipping, but if you drive a consumer to your site on a Free Shipping message and then present a qualifying amount to get it, you risk irritating them and wasting your money. If you need to order $50 for free shipping, say so. 'Free Shipping on $50 or more'.
Listing a Price
Don't list a price unless you absolutely, positively have lowest price. Nothing is worse from an advertising perspective than listing your widget for $19.99 when you're right next to an ad that lists same or comparable widget for $17.99. Plus, if you list a price and your prices changes, you're going to have to go back and edit all your copy. A 'Starting From" price can work, but only, again, if you have lowest price and only if you don't mind editing if starting price changes.
10 Highly Effective Ways to Increase Traffic to Your WebsiteWritten by Ben Chapi
There are many ways to promote your website for free online. Here are 10 highly effective strategies you can use right now.
1. Write articles or free reports for other webmasters to publish and put your website address in by-line. If you write good content, your articles will be published and many readers who like your article will go on to visit your website.
2. Arrange a Joint Venture partnership with List owners and Webmasters.
3. Add your ad or website address to your email signature. This way, every time you send an email, you'll be promoting your website.
4. Exchange Links with Other Webmasters. This is another effective strategy for generating targeted traffic to your website for free. It involves contacting other webmasters for a possible link exchange partnership.
5. Add a blog to your site and Ping weblogs.com and other search engines. Pinging your blogs to search engines is fastest way to get search engine robots to visit your blog and attract new visitors to your web site.
6. Submit your blog address to blog search sites and directories. You can submit your blog's URL to websites such as Technorati, Daypop, Blogdex and Popdex. For a complete list of websites where you can submit your URL, go to http://www.guidetorss.com