PR, Press Releases and Promotion!Written by Mike Banks Valentine
Effectiveness of press releases can be entirely dependent on whether or not there are any major national scandals brewing before that news release is sent. I don't know if there will be any major earthquakes, tornadoes or presidential sex scandals this week, but I'm very excited that television's 60 Minutes news magazine covered online education tonight!
This week WebSite101.com and OnlineWorkshops.com officially announced our partnership to press via an electronic press release distributed online via multiple sources and sent by email to specific local media sources. I can't yet say what results that announcement will have as it just went to inbox of hundreds of journalists across country.
What media pays attention to is often determined by what media pays attention to. Every news outlet looks at what competition is running on front page or what tops hourly news reports. If 60 Minutes is paying attention to online education, then WebSite101 has got great chance of being a major news story tomorrow. If my local paper, Santa Rosa Press Democrat gets interested, their parent publication, New York Times may pick up story too!
All we can do now is to wait and see if San Jose Mercury News or San Francisco Chronicle notice a small business internet tutorial teaming up with a distance education portal. The 60 Minutes piece was specifically discussing major online distance education initiatives launched by Duke University and well known internet education site, University of Phoenix. Talk was centered around whether it was an effective and useful way to learn. I already believe that it is.
10 Ways To Springboard Some New Sales!Written by Larry Dotson
1. Give people a free subscription to your e-zine. Almost everyone is publishing a e-zine nowadays so it's important to give something extra with free subscription. You could offer a free gift or advertising when people subscribe.
2. Provide your visitors with free content. Your content will be more attractive to your visitors if it's up-to-date or original. You could also offer people option to reprint content in their e-zine or web site.
3. Offer a free online directory. The directory could be full of interesting ebooks, e-zines, web sites etc. If people find your directory to be a valuable resource they will visit it over and over.
4. Give your visitors a free ebook. You could also include your own ad in ebook and allow other people to give it away. If you don't want to take time to write one, you could ask other writers permission to use their articles.
5. Hold free online classes or seminars. They could be held in your web site's chat room. The idea of "live" information will definitely entice people to visit your web site. You will become known as an expert on topic.