1. Keep a water bottle with you at all times and drink from it often. Water *is* drink of choice, but if you don’t enjoy it (I admit it… I don’t), drink Propel, Diet Ice, Reebok Water, Vitamin Water or some other form of healthy fluid intake.
2. Think twice before deciding what to eat and why, making sure that it is healthy and will provide you good nutrition.
3. Measure intake based on activity, not how you "feel.” Need should mandate intake, not mood.
4. Eat well-balanced meals and remember that excessive calories, even if they are fat-free and high protein will turn to excess weight!
5. If your diet is unbalanced, try a daily vitamin and mineral supplements for total health. 6. Limit caffeine and exposure to even second hand smoke.
6. Focus on short-term fitness goals with an emphasis on completing daily exercise.
7. Keep a daily log of what you’re actually eating… this includes grabbing a handful of chips here, crust of your kids sandwich, and all your snacking.
8. Stick with eating plans you can maintain indefinitely. Remember that no matter how hard you’re working out, if you’re consuming too many calories, you’ll never see muscles that lie beneath layers of fatty tissue.
9. Enjoy an occasional (once a week) “unhealthy” treat, but never an “unhealthy” week or “unhealthy” vacation.
10. Limit alcohol intake to special occasions.