I know you've seen advertisements. They are everywhere that you look: newsgroups, email signatures, web site articles, press releases and even in your own inbox (in form of spam). It can be especially overwhelming to a newbie (someone new to internet). You know what I mean - money making opportunities.
Sometimes they seem so enticing, so wonderful, so obvious that it just appears that someone had indeed stumbled on perfect money making scheme. And, better yet, they are good-hearted enough to want to share it with anyone, for small price of $19.95 (per month), $295 or even $3.95. What nice people.
Of course, if you think about it for even a minute, first question that comes to mind is: if secret is so great, then why aren't they rich and living on some tropical island yet? Why do they have to try and sell this thing to us on internet?
Okay, so you want to make some money on internet. What's secret?
To be honest, selling on internet is more-or-less same as selling anywhere else. You have to follow these basic steps:
- Find or create a product or service which you think may be of value to others.
- Figure out how to sell that product. In other words, determine your market and how to best reach people within market who make purchasing decisions.
- Implement method that you choose to sell product or service. Using internet, this could be a store front, a web site, an ezine or perhaps just lots of advertisements.
- Promote your product or service.
- Keep statistics to determine if you are actually selling product or service. You also need to know if it is costing you more to sell it than you make (yes, income must exceed expenses - that's why most of dot coms have been failing recently: they forgot this basic lesson).
- If you are making a profit (income exceeds all expenses), then figure out how to better sell your product. However, don't change anything that is causing you to make money. In other words, if it is working, leave it alone.
- If you are not making a profit (expenses exceed income), then figure out why and take corrective action. Immediately and without hesitation.
Also remember some basic rules (which many of dot coms forgot or never knew in first place).
The Customer is boss. This is most basic datum of all. Any company that has poor customer service or loses sight of this basic fact will, in short or long term, fail. For example, if your customer wants a refund, then give it to him, no questions asked, with a smile. If you find you are refunding too much money, then check out quality of your products or services.