Are you a little uncomfortable with idea of Internet dating? Have you thought about how great it is for busy people; how convenient? Don't ever be duped by an online dating suitor. There are tales of deceit and heartbreak, don't be one of them.
1. It is easy to get involved in online dating relationships; for some it can lead to an addiction. Some find themselves enjoying flirtatious advances of opposite sex, both in chat rooms and with on-line dating services. People get sucked into on-line relationships and become addicted to world of on-line dating and chat rooms. For some it becomes an obsession. The classic story is a person who finds himself or herself divorced after 20+ years, followed by a string of unhappy relationships, then entering a Chat Room.
2. Because there is anonymity, there is deceit and lies in chat rooms. Deception lurks around every corner. You can create a persona, quite different from yourself. You can act out a part, instead of being a real person. There are characters online ready to predate on unwary and naive.
3. Online dating is every bit real. There is addiction, obsessiveness, vindictiveness, desperation, impulsiveness, and even downright guilt. Love is a powerful emotion. Do not follow your heart and not your head. Don't journey outside your comfort zone and be overtaken by a seductive search for true companionship.
4. Are you smart about online dating? Do you tell yourself, "I'll keep relationship at e-mail level before deciding to talk on phone!" Yes, take baby steps to discover if you have a great deal in common. You can enjoy Chat Rooms, but be aware where it can lead you if you are not savvy.
5. Are you kind of person that never thought about online dating? Did a friend convinced you to give online dating a try? You've read success stories of how people met on Internet: it was "a miracle" for them. Are you curious about online dating? Lots of books have been written on this subject. You must read a few if you are thinking of entering this medium.