Make An Action Plan To Improve Customer ServiceWritten by Kevin Dervin
Customer Service is a critical factor for keeping your clients coming back and ensuring they’ll refer you to others. Growing your business will be a difficult task at best if you don’t perform, meet and exceed your client’s expectations, and provide service that creates customers for life.
Customer service is all about customer’s perception. You have to do more than just get job done. You must deliver on all things (big and small) that affect relationship with your client. Consider opportunities for improvement in following areas.
1. Setting/Reviewing Expectations. Do you work with your client to set clear, appropriate, realistic expectations that you can always meet or exceed? Are you clear about responsibilities (both yours’ and client’s), timelines, and expectations of results? Are you then willing to go back and review these expectations with client at key points along way?
2. Communication. Do you have mechanisms in place to ensure you’re communicating with clients at every stage of engagement, from sales process through to completion of project? Being clear about where you’re at, what’s been completed, what’s coming up next, who’s responsible, what results you can expect, etc.? Has client ever had to ask you for these things?
Credibility - 10 Ways to Build it on your WebsiteWritten by Laurie Winslow
If you have your own business website and you are trying to sell something, then it is imperative that you are able to establish and maintain credibility. Why is this important? If you are going to ask someone to make a purchase from you, then you need to show them why they should purchase from you rather then your competitor on another site. If you are able to achieve credibility then you will be miles ahead of your competition. So many websites are missing this vital element of doing business. A fancy website with bells and whistles is nothing if it cannot make a sale. I will show you 10 simple things that you can do on your site to establish credibility.
10 Credibility Tips:
1. Be consistent in everything you do and say on your website. If you change your policies all time people will mistrust you. State your values and policies clearly on your website.
2. Put your customer first. This is done by writing specific text geared toward your customers about satisfaction guarantee, refund policies, frequently asked questions, and any other pertinent information. Tell them why they should buy from you and not someone else. What do you have to offer that others do not.
3. Only offer high quality products and services. You do not want to sell substandard items as although you might make an immediate sale you will not gain repeat business. Repeat business is key to profits. Offer guarantees and refunds.
4. When advertising state truth. Do not embellish and make claims that are false. If your customer is not satisfied at end of sale because of overstated claims you will loose trust and future business.
5. Use testimonials. Contact past customers and ask for their opinion and post it on your site. Testimonials add validity to your products and make it easier to justify purchase.